The second step of finding happiness: Deep self-knowledge – Part 2: Who are You?

 (If you wish to read this article in its original, Hungarian version, click here)

In eastern cultures, which I really admire, this is a question that everyone over a certain level of self-awareness asks themselves. Who am I? But let’s try and approach the question from a western culture perspective and figure out why it is so important and what it really means! It’s important to know that in eastern cultures this is one of the biggest questions in life. For a long time I didn’t understand why, but I think by now I know the answer. The question “who am I?” holds two meanings. The more common one is “why am I on this Earth?” or “what’s the meaning of my life?”. It urges us to find our place in life to achieve true happiness.

There are a lot of things that you can find purpose in. For example you could be a saver of turtles, you could be parent and guider of two amazing children, but you could also invent something or write a poem that will help others to find meaning in life. Not to worry though, you have plenty of time to find your life’s meaning! It’s also possible to have more than one, like I do. But one thing’s for sure and that is, it’s really hard to find your purpose in life and there are some who never find it. Why? Because this question holds another meaning. It’s about deep self-knowledge. The question “who am I?” also means that you have to find your true self and usually that’s not the one that’s on the surface. If you’ve read the previous article in this topic, then you know that this means you have to become part of group “C”. To really answer  the question, you have to reach the point where your self-image and your true self are one and the same. Why is that important? Because the closer you get to this state, the more you know what your life’s purpose is. And the more you know your life purpose, the more successful you will be at achieving true happiness. I’ve been deepening my self-knowledge for 18 years now. Today I was at my kinesiologist’s and we discovered a whole new path within me, which got me to know myself even better. So the question “who am I?” is still not completely answered in my case...

Please keep in mind that your EGO will always try to make you believe that your self-knowledge is deep enough. So don’t think that correcting your self-image will only take 1-2 years. It’s more like a life-long journey. It needs to be developed the same way our brain or our body does. But it’s also important to know that we are living at a very lucky time for this. You can find a lot of books, tests and people to help you on your journey!

DRDE

If you are interested in the previous part of this heading click here.

If you are interested in the next part of this heading click here.

If you are interested in reading a book which talks even further about the topic above as well as many other life changing concepts click here. But don’t forget that the answers to Life’s great questions can only truly be found in yourself! This book as well as this blog can only help you find your own way there...

If you seek a better understanding of the blog’s structure, you can find a short guide here.

If you believe this writing could be helpful to others please share this blog with them. You can find the icons of sharing and transmitting via Email below. You can help stop climate change and increase global happinness by sharing this blog with others and letting them know it exists.

I would be glad to hear your further ideas or constructive cristism, which you can share with me in a comment below the article. 

If you find this blog worthwhile, please follow it. You can find the icon for “regular reading” on the top right (if you’re on your phone, scroll down to the bottom).


Post a Comment

0 Comments